Wednesday 24 December 2014

Fresh fruit salad

Today I am making a fruit salad for tomorrow for those who do not want Christmas pudding. I do use a small can of fruit salad in juice which stops the apple turning brown. There is a picture of the fruit I sliced and added. I also made a syrup .... 4oz sugar 1/4 pint water....boil water pour onto sugar,stir till dissolved and cool before adding. Peel and slice fruit and simply put in a bowl with a squirt of lemon juice I used all the pineapple taking out the core put only half the Mellon which I shaped with my Mellon baller. When I took the photo I had forgotten the grapes but have added them to the salad. When no2 Son comes home from the City ( where he is, just doing all his Christmas shopping) I will add around 1/2 a can of lemonade (I don't have any) which he is getting me.it makes is more juicy and helps the fruit to keep its colour. My old recipe says add a cupfull of Cointreau but as it is 40 vol and my youngest Grandaughter is11 I thought I had better leave it out.also I always add the banana just before serving because it goes too soft if put in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment