Sunday 28 December 2014

Lazy day

Yesterday I did nothing much,I have a backache so sat about as much as I could. It was bacon sandwiches for lunch which H cooked and sorted for us. Dinner was Turkey curry with hot mince pies and cream so not much to prepare there. The job that took me longest was sorting out the Turkey carcass. I now have a freezer full of bags with various portions. Some with leg meat etc and some with breast. There is also enough in the fridge for sandwiches for H and I for lunch and for me in the field tomorrow.( a change from cucumber). No 2 son left last evening and arrived back at his place with no mishaps, he says the roads were pretty quiet. Now we are back on our own we have begun the great clear up!!! Me mostly by eating anything that's edible and lying around, eg nuts, chocs, dates, crisps etc. and H dumping everything in the bin! He says will go out on our bikes a bit later on this morning,it's rather cold at the moment. Yesterday he did a session on his turbo trainer. He rode for an hour and, believe me, that's dedication. One year when we were having a really wet rainy patch he persuaded me to use it. So he set up the turbo trainer in the kitchen for me and his rollers for himself so we could train together.( I don't know how he can use rollers,I keep falling off!!! ) With a turbo trainer your bike wheel is locked in. Well, it's one of the worst, most boring things I have ever done in my life! Never again, I would rather stick pins in my eyes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment