Saturday 20 December 2014

Lazy Saturday

Nun
We got up early and I did our weekly shop,hopefully I have also bought all the things I will need for Christmas apart from my meat. I have an order with my butcher which I am picking up on Christmas Eve. I have brought my holly in from outside where it was soaking in a bucket and it all looks lovely. I also put all our cards up so its all Christmassy here now and I love it. Tomorrow we are going for a bike ride weather permitting. I made a fish pie for dinner this evening which was nice.   2 haddock fillets, 2 tomatoes, 2 potatoes an ounce of butter, stable spoon of sr flour 1/2 pint of milk approx.salt and pepper and a little grated cheese. Peal and cook potatoes,while they are cooking microwave the fish for 3 mins in a little of the milk, remove the fish skin and drain off the milk to use in the white sauce. Make a rue with the butter and flour( melt butter in a saucepan,stir in flour and cook for 2 mins remove from heat and whisk in milk,salt and pepper,bring to boil and add to fish in casserole.dish. Slice a tomato and add ot dish, mash potatoes add to dish slice second tomato arrange on top and sprinkle with grated cheese. Pop in oven temp.190 for around 35 mins or until top is golden brown. I served ours with butterd cabbage and it was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment