Sunday 28 December 2014

Nightmare ride

I thought I had finished my blog for the day but that was before I fell off my bike!!! We went from our house to Felthorpe and then down to the Ratcatchers where we turned right and went down to the Cromer road via Marsham. As we went past the Plough Inn my bike skidded in some mud and I went down with a bang!! A police car was passing at the time and stopped to see if I was ok and needed any help. The kind young policeman offered to put my bike in his car and run me home, how kind was that. I don't suppose he will ever see this but if he ever did I would like to thank him for his kindness. I bit my tongue so had a mouth full of blood, cut my thumb, grazed my elbow( and that's through 3 layers of clothing ) grazed my thigh and my knee which at the moment has swollen so has a huge egg on it!! However my most painful thing at the moment is my shoulder and that really hurts but there is not a mark on it so hopefully it will soon improve. We were going to ride 32 miles but as I was struggling to hold my handlebars with my right hand we cut it a bit short and ended up riding 25. I was glad to be home I can tell you!! I have had a nice soak in the bath and washed my hair and I will not be doing much else today.

No comments:

Post a Comment