Tuesday 30 December 2014

Soup for lunch

This morning I am a bit less stif and sore from my fall but my arm is still so painful! H wanted me to go for a ride with him on the track and was a bit annoyed when I said no because it will jar my arm. My boss said if he needs me on Wed. He will ring before 6 pm today and H has already told me if I am not well enough to bike I am not well enough to work!!! I have already planned to go to visit the seals tomorrow so I hope he doesn't call. I decided we would have soup for lunch so I pealed a couple of leeks, a carrot, a potato and a slice of pumpkin, popped them into the soup maker with a couple of veggie' oxo cubes,filled to the water line with cold water and 20 mins later piping hot smooth soup. Yummy. The soup maker is one of the best buys we have made. We have tried all sorts of vegetable combinations and haven't had a flavour that we don't like yet. It's an extra bonus for me because I can get all fresh veg in season. Our other favourite machine is,of course our bread maker. No 1 son and his wife bought us our first one for Christmas around 10 years ago and I have not bought a loaf of bread since, ( just the occasional French stick)  our first one gave up the ghost 2 years ago and we were out the next day to buy a new one. H makes a lovely fruit and malt loaf which I love toasted. I think we are so used to it all now it just tastes like bread but whenever we have someone round for a meal they always remark on how nice the bread is. Another bonus is the fact that you know exactly what's in it when you make it yourself. I have done all my ironing up to date this morning but as I have another line of washing out I will soon have some more to do. Hopefully I will have photos of seals on my blog tomorrow ( not leeks) !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment