Friday 12 December 2014

Tree day

Today after we had done our weekly shop we intended to go out on our bikes but it was so dull and windy we decided not to go. H went into the garage to check his bike out for a long ride with our son in law tomorrow and noticed my back tyre was flat so he repaired it for me( he found a huge thorn right through the tyre and into the tube) put it back, pumped it up only to find it flat again an hour later! He did it all again, finding yet another thorn. There was a lot of hedge cutting going on along Marriotts way so I expect I picked them up there. While he was outside I wrapped all my Christmas presents that I have so far and put up our Christmas tree ready to decorate this evening. I absolutely love Christmas and H always makes out that he hates it, but when I asked for our tree out of the loft he was up the ladder in a flash. I have made a strange concotion for dinner tonight!! I softened 2 leeks in a pan, fried 4 large mushrooms and 4 slices of liver and layerd them all in a casserole dish. Then i sprinkled in some sweetcorn,a little stock and coverd in shredded raw potato topped with grated cheese. It's now in the oven where I will leave it till I think it's cooked. I have no idea what it will taste like but it smells lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment