Monday 16 February 2015

Monday

Today was a bit different at work. I had to trim leeks as usual till 12.10, we then washed them and it was time for lunch. ( chicken and Mayo' sandwiches ) but after lunch I had to go into the greenhouse and first fill 150 flower pots with compost and seed 50 of them with courgette's and the other 100 with Broard beans ( 3 beans in each pot ) . Then, after I had watered them I had to fill 6 trays and seed them with 6 different types of salad leaves, I had to put 256 seeds in each tray. After that I filled more trays for leek seeds. I only had time to seed 4 of those before it was time for me to go home. I just added it up and that is 2,850 seeds altogether. When all these plants are large enough I will be pricking them out into the field and later still I will be harvesting them so that will be 3 times I have handled them. The time passed quickly but it was still nice to be home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment