Tuesday 21 July 2015

Leek planting day

This morning when I got to work, first, I had to pull all the leek plants up from the bed in which they had been drilled.others joined me and we soon had them all boxed up. We then went to another part of the field to plant them again. My boss thought we would be planting them all day today and most of tomorrow but we had the whole lot done by 2.15. He was very disappointed because it means he will be very short of leeks this year. He says it is due to poor germination and the dry weather. I spent the rest of the day training the tomatoes up their strings. It was so hot in the glasshouse. Also, it was very dusty on the back of the planter and when I got home I was filthy. We had a a lasagne from my butchers for dinner so all I had to do was heat it up and add a few peas and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment