Sunday 12 July 2015

Soggy Sunday

I got up the usual time and did all the usual things. Then I made some bread rolls and some date scone bars. They both turned out well. ....... Recipe for date scone bars.
8 oz plain flour 
2 oz butter 
1 oz sugar 
Pinch of salt 
Half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda 
I teaspoon cream of tarter
3ozchopped dates and 1/4 pint of milk
Put the flour, bicarb' cream of tartar,salt and butter into a bowl and mix together till it resembles fine breadcrumbs, add sugar and dates. Stir in the milk and turn the dough out onto a floured board and roll into a sausage approx 8 inches long, lay it on an oiled baking tray and then squash it down to about 3/4 of an inch high. Bake in pre heated oven 230 for about 15 mins.
Now I keep a diary and this morning I read what was happening in my house a year ago today. ( this was after I had made my rolls, date scones and taken some pork out of the freezer for dinner tonight ). Well a year ago I made date scones, bread rolls and we had pork for dinner!!! Now you can understand  my blog title " mundane life " etc..... PS the date bars are excellent for freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment