Thursday 13 August 2015

Manic day at work

When I got to work I was handed a list which said ...... 36 radishes, 10 spring onions, 60 beetroot and then 90 more spring onions. ( all bunches ). But however much of it I had done I had to walk to the lettuce bed after coffee break and help to prick out more lettuce. So by 10 I had done the radish, 10 onions and the 60 beetroot . When I got to the lettuce bed I first had to pack some that had been cut ready to sell. Then I planted more lettuce, cos, oak leaf, cabbage and a tray of fennel. All this took till 12 and I went back to finish my 90 onions, when I had done them I was to pick tomatoes. Well I had done70 when Andy came along on a tractor and said the count had gone up another 10 and after that we had to do 10 dozen bunches of carrots. We got them done and I finally got into the greenhouse at ten past three. I picked 3 boxes of tomatoes and it was time for me to go home. I had a cup of tea and a nice soak in the bath before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment