Sunday 22 November 2015

Snowy Sunday

It's Been a chilly day and I have been quite lazy. I had porridge for breakfast, made a loaf of bread and put the dish washer on. H used his turbo trainer in the morning and rode 30 miles while I went for a walk to see if I could find some sloes so I could make sloe gin. I think I have left it a bit late and should have picked them in October. However I found a couple of bushes with some on, came home, washed them and it's all done. 1 cup of sloes pricked with a pin, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of gin. It all fitted nicely in a large coffee jar with room to shake it up daily. We had home made soup for lunch and pork with veg for dinner, Apple and custard for pud. My loaf of bread turned out well and now I am watching strictly come dancing results. ........ This it the picture that greeted me when I opened the blind this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment