Monday 30 November 2015

Wet and windy Monday

I was up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. I had my breakfast, packed my lunch and my bag and went to work. It was wet, windy and very muddy. I had to pick 4 dozen bunches of carrots and then trim leeks. I did 11 boxes when the men came along with the tractor and trailer to pick up the leeks and me so we would wash them all before lunch. I then packed them all, so the boss sent me off to straw more of the rhubarb. It was dreadful, as soon as I put the straw on it all blew off again. I struggled on until 2.30 but then I gave up and came home. The boss said he will see me Wednesday, so I am looking forward to being at home tomorrow. I had a cup of tea when I got home, then a nice bath which warmed me up nicely. It's left over cottage pie tonight, so a nice easy tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment