Sunday 17 January 2016

Frosty Sunday

I was up just after 6 am and made myself a bowl of porridge. We had a cup of tea and a little later a coffee. H went outside to clean all the inside of the car while I did all the clearing up indoors. He then rode in a race on his turbo trainer with Zwift. He rode the masters race which is for over 60s ( he is nearly 78 ). He was the only master over 60 who entered!! So he won his section but masters begin at the age of 40 so he was riding round with people nearly half his age!!! When he had finished he but my bike on and I rode 23.1/2 miles but I wasn't as fast as last time only averaging 16.6 mph for the first hour, last time it was 17.3 mph. Today I wasn't really in the mood. After showering I made chicken mayo sarnies for lunch then sat and read all afternoon. I made meatballs for dinner, just mince with chopped onion mixed in, I fried them to seal them then I made a nice sauce with a chopped onion and mushrooms ( fried ) a tin of chopped tomatoes a veg. cube,some frozen peas, yesterday's leftover gravy, a glug of white wine and 4 oz of pasta. It was really tasty. It's been a lovely day with loads of sun but very cold. I am not looking forward to working out in it tomorrow. No 1 son sent me a text at 8.51 last night to say they were back safely from their round trip to Belgium and the Puppy is lovely. They have called him Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment