Sunday 10 January 2016

Sunday

I thought I had better do a bit of housework today so after a load of washing and hanging it out I cleaned and cleared up all downstairs. For my birthday, for one of my presents I was given a " cookie cutter " with a cookie recipe so I tried it out for the first time this morning. I was very pleased with the results. It's such a simple recipe but the results are delicious. I will add it at the end of my blog. After lunch, ( poached eggs on toast ) L and J arrived with Js bike so H could help sort the wheel out, while the men worked on the bike L and I sat drinking tea and gin and tonic. They both went well with the cookies. We had a healthy dinner as a change from a Sunday roast, jacket potato, grilled mushrooms, peas and haddock. I have finished knitting my little matinee coat and it is looking nice. I still have to sew it up and add buttons so will take a photo when it is completely finished, I have enough yarn left to knit some matching bootees....... This is a photo of my cookies.......
Recipe .....ingredients......
225g butter, 110g sugar, 275g plain flour ...... Method, preheat oven to 170 c / gas 3, cream butter in a large bowl add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy, sift flour and bring the mixture together to form a firm dough, roll out to approximately 6 mm, cut out the cookies,place on a baking tray slightly apart and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
Mine took a few minutes longer to cook so it depends on ones oven, next time I will have my oven a tad hotter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment