Monday 11 January 2016

Work

Yet another unpleasant day to be working in the middle of a field, it was cold, muddy and rained for the  biggest part of the day. I had to do leeks till coffee break at 10, then we washed and packed them and I went back up the field to pick 24 bunches of carrots and 4 boxes of loose ones, then back on leeks. I went down to have my lunch with the men after which we washed and packed some more things and I went back to the leeks for the third time. At 20 to 4 we washed my last lot and at 4 I came home. I soaked in the bath and had a huge mug of tea but I still feel chilled. We had curry for dinner and I have come upstairs to watch my soaps but I don't suppose I will stay awake.
Our no 1 son who lost his dog Ollie just before Christmas rang with great news yesterday. They have managed to locate a puppy. It's 12 weeks old, called Glen and on Saturday they are off to Belgium to get him. He is actually in Austria but the woman is meeting them half way. They are so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment