Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunday

I was up early but just sat and read till I heard H moving around upstairs. I then made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge. After breakfast we watched a cycle race and had a coffee before I made a loaf of bread, I made a ciabatta for a change and it's lovely. H went up to ride a virtual race on his turbo trainer and I vacuumed and dusted all downstairs before getting changed to go out on my bike. I rode 16.8 miles on my own and my average speed was 15.5 miles for the first 16.1.miles which I was pleased with. Then disaster struck, my chain came off ( which often happens ) but it twisted up and jammed down in my frame and try as I might I couldn't get it out. So I had to walk the rest of the way home.I didn't mind, it was a lovely morning warm and sunny. The pity was that I didn't stop my strava so instead of a nice average speed it dropped down to rubbish. After I had showered and changed I made a boiled cake, one of our favourites. We had a steak and onion pie for dinner with mashed potato, cabbage, leeks and gravy after which I came upstairs to watch Crufts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment