Saturday 9 April 2016

Saturday

I put on a load of washing this morning but it's still in the washing machine, it's been too wet to hang it out. I had toast for breakfast with a pint mug of tea. We had a coffee next and waited for our son to get up. We watched yesterday's cycle race ( tour of the Basque Country) , the weather was awful. We then had another coffee and I did a bit of clearing up and made the bed etc.before getting lunch. H had a bacon sandwich and son and I had a salad. We then got ready and went to Sherringham park, but when we arrived the skies opened and it poured. We sat there for a while but it didn't let up so we drove to Cley and sat in the dry with a coffee and a  cake. As we were about to leave it brightened up so son and I went for a short walk but H had changed his shoes again so decided to wait in the car for us. When we arrived back home, after a quick 'cuppa' I cooked dinner, gammon steaks, corn on the cob, mushrooms and chips with rice pudding for afters. When we had finished we played our game of scrabble. I pulled out my first 7 letters and I had 5 As 1 B and anO !!! What a rubbish start. Suffice to say there were 3 of us playing and I came 3 rd. Our son won with 199 H was next with 190 and I scored 165.  I must try harder next time, I hope to win at cards tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment