Sunday 24 April 2016

Sunday

I did so little yesterday it wasn't worth blogging about. Today was only a little better. We got up before 7 full of hope but the weather was against us. We wanted to go for a bike ride but we are too old to want to go out in the wet. It was zero degrees and hailing when I opened the blind so I just sat and read for an hour and finished the book I was on. H decided to ride on his turbo again so I did a bit of housework and then I thought I had better do a bit of baking because our daughter was coming round this afternoon to bring her brothers and her fathers birthday presents. It's no 1 sons birthday on Wednesday and their dads the day after. Son will be 53 and H 78!!! So I made some cheese straws and some choc chip and coconut buns which I made into butterfly buns with butter cream. When she arrived she also brought her husband, both daughters and her youngest daughters friend. ( I was glad I baked ). It was nice to see them all. When they left I put the oven on and the meat in for dinner. I cooked H a pork chop and myself lamb, with that we had cabbage,carrots,mashed potato,batter puddings and gravy. It was very tasty. We hope to go out on our bikes tomorrow now but the forecast I saw wasn't very promising so I don't hold out much hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment