Wednesday 4 May 2016

Work day

I arrived at work at 7.50 even though most of my journey is marred by the work for the southern bypass.i had to go straight to the greenhouse, fill 15 trays with compost and then seed them all. With 308 seeds in each pot it was a lot of seeds. Then I filled 100 pots and planted them all with basil plants. I still had about half an hour left before lunch so I was sent outside to weed the first bed of broard beans. I had completed 4 rows when Andrew, Andy, my boss and his wife all came up the field with a trailer full of plants and a tractor with the planter attached and we all went planting. The boss drove the tractor and the rest of us sat on the planter . We planted thousands of cabbages, cauliflowers and broccoli. We finished it all at 3.30 so I carried on with my weeding till 4 and then I came home. My cup of tea was waiting for me and then my bath. We had baked beans and eggs on toast for tea. I don't have to go to work again until next Wednesday. I will be glad when things get a more busy at work. The broard beans are full of flowers and smell beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment