Sunday 17 July 2016

Sunday

We were both up before 6 am and had our breakfast. I put on a load of washing and H put on the dishwasher and also the bread maker. I hung out the washing and made some chocolate buns. I cleared out 2 cupboards and threw a lot of rubbish away. H went up to ride a virtual race on his turbo trainer while I cleared some more rubbish out of the garden. I put our sun loungers up on the lawn and made salads for our lunch. I sat in the garden for a while but it was so hot I went in and watched the Tour de France. It was a mountain stage and the scenery was stunning. We both sat in the garden again and had a beer while we were watching a huge dragon fly going back and fourth across our garden catching flies. We have very few bees in our garden this summer. I grow flowers that are specially for bees, lavender, runner beans, hollyhocks globe thistles etc etc. Last year there were 3 or 4  bees on each flower and when we sat in the garden there was a constant hum. We had loads earlier in the year, our forget me nots were covered with them. For dinner we had baked liver, bacon and kidneys with new potatoes, broard beans, carrots and gravy. It's work again for me tomorrow so I am glad I made the effort to do all the ironing this morning even though it was so hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment