Tuesday 27 September 2016

Day off

I have had a nice day. First I didn't get up till 6.30 so a nice lie in. I put on a load of washing and vacuumed all upstairs, had my breakfast and hung out the washing. We then had a cup of coffee and H got my mountain bike out of the garage for me and watered the grass seed on the front lawn which is now sprouting nicely. We each had a banana and got ready to go out on our bikes. It was a lovely ride, 32.92 miles almost all off road. When we came back we had a buttered crumpet and a soup in a cup. We also had an apple. ( we went scrumping while we were out) . It's a tree in a wood that we go to each year. I have just added my and H's ages up and it's 155,soon to be 156 so you are never too old to go scrumping. We felt like naughty kids. We had a bath and then I cooked dinner pork and apple burgers and sausages from our butcher fried eggs and tomatoes with chips it was really yummy and I love the way there is no shrinkage with the burgers and no fat in the pan. No 2 son rang last evening, he had a great weekend away, climbing. He said he will come home the weekend after next but we have just realised we have my brother and his wife coming to dinner so we hope son can change his plans because it will spoil our weekend with him if I am busy cooking and unable to go out. We planned to go to Sheringham next time he is home to look at all the wall paintings and then have fish and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment