Thursday 29 September 2016

Pay day

It was cooler at work today but we didn't get a lot of rain. I had to pick 80 bunches of beetroot and 26 bunches of golden ones. Then it was on to the onions to do 40 bunches of them. After that I went back to the yard and picked tomatoes till lunch time. Then it was back to the top of the field for 84 bunches of carrots, 12 purple bunches and 3 boxes of loose ones. It didn't take long because the boss sent Andy to dig them up for me which meant I also got a lift there and back. I spent the rest of the day back on the tomatoes. When I got home I had a nice cup of tea and our daughter rang. We have arranged to go out together on our mountain bikes on Saturday so that will be nice. I had banana sandwiches for my lunch and for dinner tonight we had giant duck eggs on toast, 2 each, they were really lovely. No work for me tomorrow so we will be shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment