Saturday 17 September 2016

Saturday

I've had a nice day. We did our weekly shop first thing, came home, had a coffee and then H ran me into the City so I could do a bit of shopping. I bought our daughter in laws birthday present and card, 2 large tubs of peanut butter, a pair of specs for H and a pair for myself. I went into the bank to sort my money out and treated H to a bag of peanut sweets. I caught the bus home and when I arrived back I found H had taken all our front grass off the front lawn.! It was a terrible mess and he has made such a good job of it. The problem was we had an enormous heap of rubbish stuck in front of the house so after a lunch of crumpets and pineapple we went to the garden centre to buy a wheelbarrow. It's the first one we have ever had, we have managed 56 years of marriage barrow less. I went with him and I treated myself to a plant. When we got back we put the barrow together ( it was a flat pack ) and he went straight out and barrowed all the rubbish round to the back and dumped it on the patio to rot down so we can spread it over the garden. We had paella and potato wedges for dinner with strawberries and cream for pud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment