Thursday 8 September 2016

Thursday

It was another busy day at work and hot in the sun. I had to pick 4 boxes of runner beans first then tomatoes. It was really hot in the greenhouse!! I took a salad for my lunch and after I had eaten it the boss said I didn't have to pick any more tomatoes and I had to go with Andy to harvest more things. First we had to pick 2 bunches of purple carrots and 12 orange ones. Then 20 Spring onions, 1 bunch of golden beetroot, 8 fennel,12 beetroot and 4 boxes of leeks. ( so my blister hurts. ) it was 3.20 when we had done that lot so we just had time to wash and pack everything before it was time for me to go home.    I forgot to take anything out of the freezer this morning for dinner tonight so we had to have a make do meal. We had potato wedges, a fried egg, some fried tomatoes and some cod in breadcrumbs that could be cooked from frozen. Anyway it turned out well and we enjoyed it. Tomorrow I have got the day off so we will go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment