Wednesday 14 September 2016

Wednesday

A sweltering day at work. It was 19 degrees when I arrived at 8 o'clock and 31.5 degrees when I left off at 4. It has completely drained me. I had to pick 3 boxes of tomatoes first which took an hour and then Spring onions till12.30 when the boss said I could go down for my lunch and get out of the heat for 15 minuites. After that I spent the rest of the day picking runner beans.! Nightmare! I am allergic to them and if I brush up against the leaves I come up in a horrible blister type rash, so I had to cover up completely and it was soooooo hot. The plants are around 8 feet tall so there was no breeze able to get in. We had pizza for tea with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. I have to go again tomorrow and it's going to be just as hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment