Tuesday 22 November 2016

Day off.

It was nice not to have to get up early and we both managed to stay in bed till gone 6.45. I put on a load of washing and made a bowl of porridge for my breakfast. H had a crumpet and a slice of toast. We had a coffee, I hung out the washing and then we got ready to go out. The reason we had to go was because we needed a new tyre on the front left wheel of our car. Our son noticed a bulge in the wall of it on Saturday after we had been out. So while H was getting it fitted I went into the City to do a bit of Christmas shopping. I did well because I bought 7 presents. I also went to the bank and to Holland and Barratt for a few bits and pieces. When I had finished I went to the bus stop to get the bus home. Well I walked up to the stop where I caught the bus last time ( the number is still on the board). I waited for a while but no number 28 ! In the end I asked the queue of people, ' anybody waiting for the 28?' No! So when the next bus came along I asked the driver and he said they have moved it to another place!! So I hurried round to where he said and I was lucky because one had just turned up. We had the rest of the chicken for lunch and I went into m garden to fill my garden rubbish bin. When I came in we had a coffee and I had a shower. For dinner tonight we are having lasagne with grilled tomatoes stuffed with cheese. It's work for me tomorrow,I hope it's less sticky underfoot. My aches and pains have improved quite a bit so I hope I will be fit to walk all day on Friday when my daughter and I do our big Christmas shop. I am looking forward to it, we have a drink and a mince pie almost as soon as we get there and lunch before we come home. That's the best bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment