Saturday 5 November 2016

Saturday.

We both managed to stay in bed till 6 this morning so a nice lay in. After my breakfast of porridge and a huge mug of tea I made the bed, cleaned the kitchen and the downstairs toilet. We had a coffee and I did a load of washing. We then changed into our cycle gear and got ready to meet our daughter and son in law to go for a ride. We were all on our mountain bikes and went " off road " to Reepham station for a coffee and a plate of cheese straws. It was a gloomy morning and when we arrived at the station it poured with rain. We sat inside until it stopped and then rode home again. We were caught in several showers on the way back but were quite sheltered by the trees. We were pleased we went, it's all good exercise and helps to burn calories. When we got home we had a salmon and beetroot sandwich with a cup of soup. This afternoon we sat and watched a cycle race with a glass of wine. For dinner I did a roast chicken with Yorkshire pudding, mashed and roast potatoes,cauliflower, and carrots. I had a bath and read some of my book till it was time for strictly come dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment