Wednesday 16 November 2016

Wednesday 16 th

i was busy at work so the day flew by. I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast and packed a salad for coffee break and lunch with my bottle of water. First I had to pick and bunch 4 dozen carrots and then trim leeks. I did 5 boxes when one of the men came to take me down to wash and pack all he and I had done. So we washed turnips, parsnips, fennel, leeks and carrots. Then I had to walk back to the top of the field for a box of beetroot and a box of golden beetroot, another box of leeks and then more bunched carrots. I managed to pick 12 dozen bunches before Andy picked me and all my produce up so we could wash everything and we just managed to get it done by 4 pm which is when I leave off. For dinner tonight we had jacket potatoes, baked beans and some smoked fish. It was a fish I have never heard of before, Basa fillets, but it was very nice. It stayed dry all day in the field but poured all the way home so I was lucky to get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment