Sunday 25 December 2016

Christmas Day.

Well Merry Christmas all who read this. I hope your day has been as nice as mine. We were up around 6.15, had our breakfast then sat about reading and waiting for our son to get up. He came down at 9 so I opened the first bottle of Buck's Fizz. We then opened all our presents and we are so lucky. We have loads of great things, our no 1 son and his wife came round this morning and helped us out with with some of the nuts and chocolates. Our daughter rang for a chat and when S & J left we had a salad for lunch with a delicious Stilton topped pork pie from my lovely butchers. We watched a film this afternoon,H had a turbo session, son went for a run and I just sat and read my book. We had our Christmas dinner this evening and though I say it myself it was perfect. We had turkey, sausages, stuffing, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes and roast sweet potatoes, carrots and sprouts with rich gravy. We had a raspberry, sherry trifle heaped with fresh raspberries and now we are on the wine so I will close while I can still see the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment