Monday 5 December 2016

Today got better!

i was up at 5, put on a load of washing, had my breakfast,made myself a salad for lunch, sorted out my work bag sharpened my leek knife made the bed, dressed up nice and warmly and went off to work 8 hours in the field. ( the temperature was -2.5 degrees). When I got to work the boss was waiting for me to say nobody wanted anything and the ground was too hard to get veg out anyway. I can't say I was very happy but he said he would pay me an hour for travel time. It only took me 12 minutes to get there but the traffic had built up and it took me ages to get home again.
H then cheered me up by saying he would take me out to lunch, my birthday treat. We went to Fakenham and I had sausages, eggs, beans and chips, a glass of cider and a knickerbocker glory. We went from there to a furniture store where we ordered a new sofa, huge chair and a coffee table. It's a 12 week wait so we won't have it for Christmas. We have a brown leather suite at the moment, we have had it for ages and it's still perfectly good but we have had it for so long and it's never going to wear up, we are just fed up with it! So as I said the day started off rubbish but got better 😃.

No comments:

Post a Comment