Tuesday 24 January 2017

Tuesday 😊

I stayed in bed till 6.40 put on a load of washing and had porridge for my breakfast. There was a freezing fog outside so I had to wait till it had cleared before hanging out the washing. We had a coffee and H went up to ride on zwift island. I went into the garden and cleared up some rubbish to put in my brown bin. We had soup and a hot cross bun for lunch and at 2 pm I changed and rode for an hour and a bit on the turbo. In my first hour I managed to ride 18 miles. I had a shower and we watched some bowls on the tele before going to Costessey for fish and chips for our dinner. I got the washing in before we went and it's dry again.
In my parents old house because there was no power we had a Primus stove and an oil stove and apart from candles the only lights we had were oil lamps, they were lovely, all brass with a tall glass chimney and they had a fine mantel and a wick that the to be trimmed regularly. I have 3 brothers so mum and dad had one of the large bedrooms and my brothers had the other, the third room ( mine ) was tiny. It held a bed that was only 2 feet wide, a chest of drawers and a chair. The only other room I haven't mentioned is the walk in pantry. We, of course had no fridge so there was a marble slab to stand stuff on if you wanted it to stay cool. We had a meat safe which was like a small cupboard with a mesh door to keep flies out and let air in. All summer our milk stood in a bucket of water too keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment