Saturday 4 February 2017

Saturday

I got up this morning feeling much better. I had 2 cream crackers with butter and marmite and a cup of tea and was about to go shopping when H came down and said he was going with me. So I waited for him to have his breakfast and off we went. It didn't take long and I got round without coughing once. After we had unpacked etc we had a coffee (my first since last Sunday) and a hot cross bun. I read my tv magazine and rang my daughter to talk about granddaughter 2 and her birthday present. She said she was walking Macy her dog later but wasn't sure her husband would be going as he was feeling a bit unwell, so I said if she was coming this was I would walk with her if she wanted. So at 12 o'clock she came round and we went for a nice walk, I didn't cough again so I think I will be ok for work on Monday. When I arrived home H had sorted himself out some lunch so I just had a soup in a cup and a coffee. For dinner tonight we are having salmon, jacket potatoes and baked beans.
I was born in Stoke Holy Cross in my mums mums house, my Nanny. So when I was christened it was in Stoke Holy Cross church. The vicar was called Mr. Chandler and he had married my mother and father. He had a daughter who was a missionary, Mary, and on one of her visits home she brought her dad a bottle of water from the river Jordan which he kept to christen his 'special babies' and i was christened with that. I am sure I have been blessed ever since. He, his wife and their housekeeper all came to my wedding. When he left Stoke he moved to Saxthorpe and Corpusty, not far from Holt. Mary was in Japan at this time and had given her parents a japanese coffee set and when they left Stoke they gave their loyal parishioners a piece of it as a memento, my nanny was given a cup and saucer, when she died it was passed on to me and is in my china cabinet. We went to visit them a few times at their new rectory. Mr Chandlers claim to fame was that in Corpusty church he found some ancient wall paintings. I used to stay with my nanny and auntie in the school holidays and my aunt and I used to go to the morning service. One Sunday we were the only two people there. They were a lovely family.

No comments:

Post a Comment