Saturday 11 February 2017

Saturday.

H came in and woke me up at 6.20 this morning, I was fast asleep. I put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for my breakfast. After that I got ready and we went shopping. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away and we had a coffee with a hot cross bun. H then put my bike onto his turbo trainer so I could restart my training. While I was riding he vacuumed the lounge and cleaned the carpet ready for our new 3 piece suite which is being delivered on Tuesday. I rode for an hour and did 17.2 miles which I was happy with. We had a coffee and ashared a packet of M&S hula hoops. We then both sat and read for an hour and I prepared lunch which was yesterday's leftover stew which I liquidised and it made a nice soup. We also had a glass of wine. For dinner tonight I bought an Asda valentines ' meal deal ' . Salmon fish cakes for starters, Spanish chicken and potato wedges for our main course ( I will add peas ) and lemon cheesecake for dessert. The bottle of wine came with it too. H choose all these things and it was supposed to cost £15. Well I am so annoyed because when I checked my bill when we got home they had charged me £19.50! So next week I will be complaining.
When I was little and the war was on food was short and we always seemed to be hungry. When we got home from school my mum would have baked potatoes waiting for us, as there were 4of us she would bake 2large potatoes for us to share. As I was the oldest I was told to cut them in half which I hated doing because I worried in case I couldn't get them exactly in half because the rule was if you cut it the other person choose first. My brothers would chant you cut we choose you cut we choose, the same applied for apples or chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment