Sunday 26 February 2017

Sunday.

I managed to stay in bed till 6.40 and then I got up put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I hung out the washing and H made us a coffee before he went up for a ride on his turbo trainer. I said I was going out on my mountain bike and he told me that as his race was only short he would come out with me if I waited till  he was finished. As I don't like going on my own much I was happy to wait. I cleaned upstairs while he was riding ( vacuum and dusted). Then I changed into my cycle gear and we left at 10.30. We went on our mountain bikes and we had only just got on to the track when we came across our first obstacle, a huge tree right across the track. There was no way round it so H climbed over and then lifted our bikes over,I climbed over last. We got almost 2 miles before we came to our next trees, they were also right across the track and there were 2 of them, we managed to get under both of them by bending double. It was more difficult for H because he is so much taller than me. The whole track is strewn with debris and there are many more trees down but not blocking the path. It was soup and a hot cross bun for lunch, we watched a cycle race this afternoon with a nice glass of wine and for dinner tonight we had roast chicken, potatoes and peas with lemon cheesecake for pudding. My washing all got dry again outside which makes me happy. I have to work tomorrow which doesn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment