Saturday 11 March 2017

Saturday

I was up at 5.35 after a lousy sleep, waking up every hour. I just sat and read till H came down then I made a pot of tea and we both had toast for breakfast. As soon as I was done I got ready and went shopping. H didn't come with me this morning because he was riding with our son in law and wasn't sure we would be back in time for him to get ready etc. they were meeting at 9am. I arrived back before 8 .30 and I had been to Asda and to M&S for one of their ' meal deals '. When H left I unpacked and put everything away,made myself a coffee and read my magazine. As soon as I had done that I swept and washed the kitchen floor and the toilet floor and cleaned all the cupboard doors.  I vacuumed and dusted the rest of the house and hung out the washing. When H got back he had done 56 miles. We had lunch, a corned beef sandwich with hula hoops and celery. We then sat and watched a cycle race on tv with a glass of wine and for dinner we had our ' meal deal ' meal which was very nice. It was chicken and herb crumb lattice and garlic mushrooms, I added a jacket potato, and for pudding we had strawberry jelly trifle. H said it was all really tasty and he wouldn't mind having it again.
Me.... when I left school and went to work my dad wouldn't allow me to wear lipstick or earrings. When I was around 16 and a half 9 of the women I worked with on the sewing section were all going off together when they left off on the following Saturday to have their ears pierced. They asked me if I would like to go too. When I arrived home that evening I told my parents and my dad forbade it. We sat down for tea and dad asked me to ' pass the salt ' I answered, I want my ears pierced. The meal went on and each time anyone spoke to me the only answer I gave was, I want my ears pierced. Well all of a sudden my dad stood up and clipped me round my left ear with his right and my right ear with his left! I didn't ask any more after that!! On my 18 th birthday all the women on the sewers collected and paid for me to have my ears pierced and the gold sleepers. They were done with a needle that had a hook on the end. The jeweller nipped my earlobes hard so they were a bit numb they pushed the needle in and right through, the gold hoop was attached to the other end of the needle so pulled through my ear and then clipped up. I didn't tell my dad and they were never mentioned but he must have seen them. I have had both ears pierced again since then and the left one twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment