Thursday 30 March 2017

Thursday

We both got up at 5.50 and had our breakfast. H had toast and I had porridge. I put on a load of washing and packed 2 cheese and ham sandwiches with mustard, a tomato and some celery. I hung my washing out and got ready to go to work. I had to do 50 bunches of radishes, the first of the season. Then 60 bunches of spring onions and 6 boxes of leeks. All this took till 1 o'clock. Andy then cameto pick me and all my work up and take me to parsnips. We had to have 3 boxes of them and then 3 boxes of carrots. We took everything down to the yard and it took the rest of my day washing and packing everything. When I got home our daughter rang, they are all safety home from New York. I had a cup of tea and a soak in the bath, then I got dinner, fish pie and baked beans. It's been the best day of the year, it was 22 degrees when I came home, but in the middle of a field with the wind blowing a gale it felt pretty cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment