Friday 21 April 2017

A sad Friday

This morning I was up at 6.30 and made a pot of tea and my bowl of porridge H got up at 7.15 and had toast. He then made us each an espresso and I read a chapter of my book. I made the bed, dressed and washed the kitchen floor. I did a bit of dusting, we had a hot cross bun and got ready to go out on our bikes. For me it was very upsetting, my bike kept giving me trouble all the way round and finally, when we were just over 3 miles from home it gave up the ghost. The rear mec' flew up into my wheel and my frame broke. There was nothing we could do so H rode home to get the car and he came back to pick me and my bike up. H made the bike for our son and he handed it to me when he grew out of it around 22 years ago. I must have done over 20 thousand miles on it. It's so comfy to ride and I love it. We have ordered another one which is a hybrid, I don't know how I will get on with it. We were so late getting home we just had a pot noodle for lunch and for dinner tonight we had a fish pie and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment