Monday 10 April 2017

Monday.

I did my usual load of washing and had porridge for breakfast. I hung the washing out, made the bed, packed a salad for my lunch dressed and went to work. I had to trim 3 boxes of leeks first and then walk back to the greenhouse to pick 80 bunches of radishes. After that I had to go back to the leeks and trim them till 3.15. It was such hard work. My boss had lifted them with his machine but because the land is so dry they came up with enormous lumps of soil on the roots, some as big as a bucket which makes them so heavy and it takes twice as long to trim them. At 3.15 we went down to to wash and pack them all. I must say I was glad when the day was over. I have to go again on Thursday. This morning I forgot to take any meat out of the freezer for dinner tonight so we just had poached eggs on toast. H cooked it all because I am so tired. He did a good job. I had a nice soak in the bath and almost fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment