Monday 24 April 2017

Monday

I was up at 5, put on a load of washing and made a bowl of porridge for breakfast. I washed it down with a mug of tea, packed a salad for my lunch, also a bun and a banana with my bottle of water. I hung out my washing and got ready to go to work. It took me ages to get there because of all the road works and the boss and Andy were waiting for me in the yard with the tractor engine running. I grabbed my wellies and my rubber gloves and joined them. I sat on the trailer and by the time we arrived at the rhubarb bed I was dressed and ready for action. We picked 11 boxes of rhubarb and then went to the leeks and trimmed them till coffee break. We all went back to the yard, had our break and the men washed washed and packed the leeks while I picked 54 bunches of radishes. Andy and I went back to trim more leeks and went back down at 12.15 to wash them too. When they were done we went back for a third time and trimmed another 7 boxes. There was just time to get them packed before it was time for me to go home. I had a bath to warm me on the outside and a mug of tea to warm me up on the inside. For dinner tonight we had pizza and salad. First thing this morning the boss said he would want me to work again on Thursday, planting all the tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse, but at lunchtime he listened to the weather forecast and they spoke about frost so he can't chance planting them and will keep them in pots on the hotbed till it warms up. So now he says he will ring me Wednesday evening and let me know then.

No comments:

Post a Comment