Sunday 23 April 2017

Saint George's day.

I was up at 6 this morning but I had had a good sleep. I had porridge for breakfast with a huge mug of tea. After H had finished his breakfast he made us a coffee. I made the bed and did a bit of watering. Everywhere is so dry. H and I both sat and read for a while, him his Spanish and me my book. At 10 am he got ready to ride his bike upstairs on the turbo trainer on Zwift island. I got on with some housework while I listened to the Archers omnibus and then I changed into my cycle gear and went for a ride on my road bike. I felt really nervous, it's my first ride on my road bike this year and I don't really like going on my own. I got on ok and rode 26.2 miles with an average of 14.8 miles an hour. My daughter went out on her bike and her average was 16.2 miles an hour so I won't be able to go out with her yet, I would be too slow but it's not too bad for my first ride. When I got back H had finished his ride so we had cheese and biscuits for lunch with a coffee and later a glass of wine. I had a bath and washed my hair before cooking dinner. We had a liver and bacon casserole with peas and mushrooms and with it we had new potatoes and cauliflower, it was very tasty. I have had a nice day and this week I have done just over 90 miles on my bike, not bad for an old woman of 78.

No comments:

Post a Comment