Tuesday 18 April 2017

Tuesday.

I was up at 5.50, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge for breakfast. I packed a salad for my lunch, dressed, hung out the washing and went to work. I had to trim leeks all morning and was supposed to stay in the field till the men came for me at 12.15. but I committed the cardinal sin of forgetting my bag which meant I couldn't have my coffee break!! So the boss said I would have to go down to the yard. I sat in the shed with the men and 3 robins came inside to clear up our crumbs. The boss said I could leave my bag there and come down again for lunch. The men came to pick up the leeks I had done so took me down too, we washed the leeks and went for our lunch. I then discovered that I had left my fork at home so I had to eat my salad with my fingers!! Andy and I had to go back to leeks and trim 6 more boxes and pick a box of carrots. We went back to the wash area, washed everything and just had time to pack it all before it was my hometime. It took me ages to get home because they have closed one of the roads I use to get home, it's going to be closed till the middle of May. I had a cup of tea and a bath before cooking dinner which was Cornish pasties, roast cauliflower and jacket potatoes. I haven't got to go to work again till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment