Tuesday 30 May 2017

Tuesday

I got up at 5 and put on a load of washing,I had a bowl of ' grape nuts ' for my breakfast and packed 2 sandwiches for my lunch, one corned beef and brown sauce and hhe other lettuce with mayonnaise. I hung the washing  out , made the bed and got ready to go to work. When I arrived the boss said nobody wanted anything so we ( Andy and I ) spent all day in the greenhouse. Luckily the sun didn't come out very often but when it did it was boiling. We filled 105 trays with peat, watered them and then seeded each tray with 308 seeds. They were all greens, cauliflowers,cabbages, kale etc etc. It took all day. I feel as if I walked miles, laying them all out on pallet boards. Andy has a very swollen knee and struggles to walk. He went to hospital last week for a scan on it and should get the results this week so because of this I had to do all the walking and carrying. When I got home I had a nice mug of tea and a long soak in the bath before I cooked dinner. We had sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, new potatoes, broccoli and green beans. H had yogurt and I had an orange as usual. I have to work again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment