Friday 16 June 2017

A grand day out.

We were both up just after 6, I put on a load of washing while H put on the kettle and made the tea. We had our breakfast, I hung the washing out and we did a bit of clearing up and then got ready to go out. It was pretty chilly here so we both took our wind proof jackets and at 11 we left to drive to Holt.  We parked at the railway station, bought 2 return tickets and sat in the sun till it was time for the train to leave. The train took us to Sheringham, we then found a nice fish and chip restaurant and had our lunch, cod and chips with a mug of tea, very nice. After that we walked down to the sea for a nice breath of sea air. I forgot to say that when we arrived at Holt it was really hot and sunny. We then wandered back along the high street stopping for some delicious cherries 🍒. I went in to a nice little wool shop which was like letting me loose like a kid in a sweet shop ( I love wool ). H bought us both an enormous ice cream and we sat in the sun till it was time to catch the train 🚂 back to Holt and home. We just had a sandwich and our cherries for tea because we were still full from lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment