Thursday 1 June 2017

Thursday

It's been a busy day, up at 5.40 put on a load of washing and then had toast and tea for breakfast. I packed 2 lettuce and tomato sandwiches,a bottle of water, hung out the washing, dressed and went to work. I had to walk to the radishes first and pick 110 bunches, I had almost finished when Andy turned up so he helped with the last few bunches and then took me to the broad beans where we picked 3 boxes for a customer and then he went off to do some deliveries and left me with 10 boxes to fill for another customer. When he came back I still had 3 left to do so we filled them together. We had lunch and he went off to deliver more orders and I had to deshoot the tomatoes.. ( it was hot in the greenhouse) when I had finished I walked back to the lettuce bed and pricked out 3.5 trays of lettuce before it was time for me to go home ( around 1200 plants) when I got home H had made the tea and poured me a cup. Our daughter rang she had been to Cromer for the day, she said it was lovely there. For dinner tonight we had lasagna and mushrooms it was nice. I don't have to go to work again till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment