Thursday 29 June 2017

Thursday.,

The same routine as the rest of this week and off to work. First I had to pick 50 bunches of radishes then 40 bunches of spring onions, Andy joined me just before I finished the onions because he had to take them to be washed and delivered. I then had to pick 20 bunches of golden beetroot and 50 of normal beetroot. I then had my lunch and after that I picked another 70 bunches of spring onions, 70 more radishes and then Andy joined me again and we picked 11dozen bunches of carrots. They were nice to do because after all the rain they pulled out of the ground without me having to fork them up. We took everything down to the wash area, washed and packed everything and boxed it all up ready for delivery. I just had 20 minutes left so I went to the greenhouse and twisted the cucumber plants up their strings. It was a much better day than yesterday and not such a struggle to walk as yesterday. When I got home I had a cup of tea and a bath. My daughter rang for a chat, she makes me laugh. For dinner we had fish pie with some vegetables. No 2 son is coming home tomorrow for the weekend so that's something else to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment