Tuesday 27 June 2017

Tuesday

I got up at 6, tea and toast for breakfast. I packed 2 sandwiches for a change, ( cheese and lettuce ) I made the bed, dressed, sorted my bag and went to work. We went planting straight away and finished the first trailer load at 11.20. We all went back to the yard and I carried on with taking the shoots out of the tomatoes while the men refilled the trailer and filled a few trays for lettuce seeds till lunch time. By the time we had finished lunch it had begun to rain, we went back to the planter and carried on. The thunder was crashing and banging overhead and the rain was coming down in torrents but still we kept planting and managed to get it all done. It was almost 3pm and the boss said we could spend the last hour weeding in the greenhouse but I was wet through and frozen so I asked if I could go home, he said yes and I will only lose an hours pay. H wasn't surprised to see me! He ran me a bath right away and a nice soak soon warmed me up. When I came back downstairs my cup of tea was waiting. After that I cooked dinner, smoked haddock, a huge jacket potato and baked beans. I have to work again tomorrow and it's supposed to be wet again. I know we really need the rain but it's not nice to work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment