Monday 24 July 2017

Monday.

I got up at 5.30, put the kettle on and made a pot of tea. I had a cup of tea with the jam I made yesterday on a slice of toast. It's nice jam, quite sharp, not as sweet as bought jam. I packed a salad and a bottle of water for my lunch, dressed, made my bed and got ready to go to work. I had to do 20 bunches of beetroot first then 25 bunches of radishes, 36 bunches of carrots and then join Andrew to pick 160 bunches of spring onions. After that I had to go weeding till 1 o'clock when the planter came and we all went planting. It was all greens, cabbages, kale etc. It took till 3.30 and for the last few rows we were sitting on the planter in the rain. Anyway the boss said I needn't go back on the weeding as it was raining, he sent me to the greenhouse to pick tomatoes for the last half hour instead. I filled 2 trays. When I got home son was gone and got back to his safely. I had a bath and a cup of tea then I cooked dinner. We had fried onion, broccoli, mushrooms and chicken with egg fried rice. Pineapple for pudding and a glass of wine. I have to go to work again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment