Wednesday 12 July 2017

Wednesday.

We were both up at 5.30 and had our breakfast, I put on a load of washing and packed my lunch, 1 corned beef and brown sauce sandwich and a salad. I made the bed, dressed, sorted my bag etc and went to work. I didn't hang out the washing because it was raining when i left. I had to pick the tomatoes first, I got 6 trays and it took till 9.45. I then had an early lunch and then picked 50 bunches of beetroot and 50 bunches of radishes. After that I walked to the spring onions and began to bunch them. Andrew joined me and at around 3.15 Andy joined us as well. We managed to do 320 bunches before it was my home time. When I got home H had put the washing out for me and it's all lovely and dry again. We had a cup of tea and a bath then I cooked dinner. We had smoked haddock, jacket potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans. We were supposed to plant more leeks today but the land was too wet and the boss couldn't get the tractor onto the land without it sinking so we are hoping to be able to plant them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment