Friday 15 September 2017

Last day of hols.

I got up at 6.30 and hung out yesterday's washing. We had our breakfast and a coffee,then I read my book for a while. At 9.20 we went out on our bikes and we were looking forward to a nice long ride. We started off in sunshine but it clouded over much faster than was forecast so we changed our route. We went along a little lane to see if we could find some blackberries for our youngest son who has started on some sort of hunter gatherer regime. We managed to find an ice cream tub full but they are just about over. When we got back we had done almost 17 miles which was enough for us to say we had had our exercise for the day but we would have liked to have gone further. When we arrived back the sky was black but it was still dry even though we saw a huge rainbow. I got my washing in, dry, and then we pruned some shrubs in the garden. After that we had a shower and H took me out to lunch. We had a fabulous meal as the Marsham Arms. Once again we are both too full for any tea, we just had a cuppa and we will have a couple of biscuits with cheese for supper. Tomorrow we will be back to normal as the holiday is over but it's been really great. I am going to study the map and choose some more places I would like to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment