Wednesday 6 September 2017

Wednesday.

We were up at 5.50, I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I hung out the washing and we had a coffee. I made the bed, dressed and did a bit of clearing up because H's sister, husband and brother were all coming to lunch. I put the wine and water in the fridge, made some dough for bread rolls and made the base of the banoffee pie. My bread rolls turned out well. H sliced and fried a huge pan of onions and I prepared the runner beans, peas and potatoes for chips. They all arrived around 12.15 and I asked if they wanted wine, flavoured or plain water, or fruit juice. They all wanted a cup of tea except H who opened the wine. Lunch was at 12.45 and was very nice though I say so myself. Sirloin steak, chips, peas, runner beans, fried onions and buttered rolls. The dessert was yummy and we finished off with cheese and biscuits. H and I thought that his brother,who has pancreatic cancer, looked very well. They all left at 3.45 because they were going to see their great granddaughter who was born the day before yesterday. When they left I cleared the table and stacked the dishwasher. H and I finished the wine, I managed to get a small glass, he had drunk all the rest!!! We are both feeling quite full still so for tea I have made us each a cheese roll. I have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment